The graphite electrode is mainly made of petroleum coke […]
The graphite electrode is mainly made of petroleum coke and needle coke, and the coal bitumen is used as a binder. It is made by calcination, compounding, kneading, pressing, roasting, graphitization and machining. It is to discharge electric energy in the form of electric arc in the electric arc furnace. The conductors that heat and melt the charge can be divided into ordinary power graphite electrodes, high-power(hp) graphite electrodes and ultra -high-power(uhp) graphite electrodes according to their high quality indexes.
The main raw material for graphite electrode production is petroleum coke. The ordinary power graphite electrode can be added with a small amount of pitch coke. The sulfur content of petroleum coke and pitch coke cannot exceed 0.5%. Needle coke is also required for the production of high power or ultra high power graphite electrodes. The main raw material for aluminum anode production is petroleum coke, and the control sulfur content is not more than 1.5% to 2%. Petroleum coke and pitch coke should meet the relevant national quality standards.
Graphite electrode production characteristics
(1) The production cycle is long. The production cycle of ordinary power graphite electrodes is about 45 days, the production cycle of high-power graphite electrodes is more than 70 days, and the production period of graphite electrode joints requiring multiple impregnation is longer.
(2) High energy consumption. The production of 1t ordinary power graphite electrode requires about 6000kW·h of electricity, thousands of cubic meters of gas or natural gas, and about 1t of metallurgical coke and metallurgical coke.
(3) There are many production processes. The production process includes raw material calcination, crushing milling, compounding, kneading, forming, roasting, impregnation, graphitization and mechanical processing. Its production requires many special mechanical equipment and special structure of the kiln, the construction investment is large, and the investment recovery period is longer.
(4) A certain amount of dust and harmful gases are generated during the production process, and it is necessary to adopt perfect ventilation measures to reduce dust and eliminate harmful gases.
(5) Production of carbonaceous materials required Petroleum coke and coal tar pitch are the production and processing by-products of refining enterprises and coal chemical enterprises. The quality and stability of raw materials are difficult to fully guarantee, especially for the production of high-power and high-power graphite electrodes. Needle coke, modified electrode asphalt and low quinoline insoluble content special impregnating asphalt, urgently need the attention and active cooperation of China's petroleum and coal chemical processing enterprises.