1. Graphite materials can be used as refractory materia […]
1. Graphite materials can be used as refractory materials: Graphite and its products have the properties of high temperature resistance, and are mainly used in the metallurgical industry to make graphite crucibles. In steelmaking, graphite is often used as a protective agent for steel ingots and as the lining of metallurgical furnaces.
2. Graphite materials can be used as conductive materials: used in the electrical industry to make electrodes, brushes, carbon rods, carbon tubes, positive electrodes of mercury positive current devices, graphite washers, telephone parts, and coatings for television picture tubes.
3. Graphite materials can be used as wear-resistant lubricating materials: Graphite is often used as a lubricant in the machinery industry. Lubricating oil is often not used under high-speed, high-temperature, and high-pressure conditions, while graphite wear-resistant materials can work at high sliding speeds at a temperature of 200-2000 ℃ without lubricating oil. Many equipment that transports corrosive media widely use graphite materials to make piston cups, seals and bearings, and they do not need to add lubricating oil when they are running. Graphite emulsion is also a good lubricant for many metal processing (wire drawing, pipe drawing).
4. Graphite materials can be used to make heat exchangers. Graphite has good chemical stability. Specially processed graphite has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity, and low permeability. It is widely used in the production of heat exchangers, reaction tanks, condensers, combustion towers, absorption towers, coolers, heaters, and filters. , Pump equipment. It is widely used in petrochemical industry, hydrometallurgy, acid-base production, synthetic fiber, papermaking and other industrial sectors, which can save a lot of metal materials.
The types of impermeable graphite have different corrosion resistance due to different resins. For example, those impregnated with phenolic resin are resistant to acid but not alkali; those impregnated with furfuryl alcohol resin are resistant to both acid and alkali. The heat resistance of different varieties is also different: carbon and graphite can withstand 2000~3000℃ in a reducing atmosphere, and start to oxidize at 350℃ and 400℃ respectively in an oxidizing atmosphere; the varieties of impermeable graphite vary with the impregnant, generally The heat resistance of those impregnated by phenolic or furfuryl alcohol is below 180℃.
5. Graphite material can be used for casting, sand casting, pressing mold and high temperature metallurgical material: Because graphite has a small thermal expansion coefficient and can withstand rapid cooling and rapid heat changes, it can be used as a glass mold. After graphite is used, ferrous metals can obtain castings with accurate size and surface The finish rate is high and it can be used without processing or a little processing, thus saving a lot of metal. Production of cemented carbide and other powder metallurgy processes usually use graphite materials to make porcelain boats for pressing and sintering. Single crystal silicon crystal growth crucibles, regional refining vessels, support fixtures, induction heaters, etc. are all made of high-purity graphite. In addition, graphite can also be used for vacuum smelting graphite insulation boards and bases, high-temperature resistance furnace tubes, rods, plates, grid sheds and other components.
6. Graphite materials can be used in the nuclear energy industry and the national defense industry: Graphite has a good neutron moderator used in atomic reactors, and uranium-graphite reactor is one of the most used atomic reactors. The deceleration material in the nuclear reactor used as power should have high melting point, stability, and corrosion resistance. Graphite can fully meet the above requirements. The purity of graphite used in atomic reactors is very high, and the impurity content should not exceed dozens of PPM. Especially the boron content should be less than 0.5PPM. In the national defense industry, graphite is also used to make solid fuel rocket nozzles, parts of aerospace equipment, heat insulation materials and radiation protection materials.
7. Graphite can also prevent boiler fouling. Tests by related units have shown that adding a certain amount of graphite powder (approximately 4 to 5 grams per ton of water) can prevent boiler surface fouling. In addition, graphite coating on metal chimneys, roofs, bridges, and pipes can prevent corrosion and rust.
8. Graphite material can be used as pencil lead, paint and polishing agent. After graphite is specially processed, various special materials can be made for use in relevant industrial sectors.
9. Graphite materials can be used as electrodes, and graphite is gradually replacing copper as the material for EDM electrodes.
10. Graphite looks very black, but it is a purer feature in the world of life. Graphite has excellent characteristics and great effects on human balance. Graphite is also commonly known as "black gold". Graphite is used instead of metal for eating utensils and household items. Graphite cookware, graphite tea set, graphite mattress, graphite crafts, etc.